Sunday, May 22, 2011

Vistors in the Night

It is currently the day before the Ides of March--March 14th. I can't sleep at all, so earlier I was in my garden, and I had woken up Lucius.When he came I had asked him, my boy servant, to light a taper in my study, he came back with letters from many different hand-writings. And none of them were signed. They were written in general information, so I had to piece it out.
       A while after someone came to visit in the dead of night. The dead of night, close to morn! Oh! What a slight surprise. Who could it be? Ah! No one but Cassius and his fellows in the Conspiracy against Caesar.
      I shook all of their hands, deciding to join them, by the letters I have just received through the window of my study. We have decided to assassinate Caesar at the Senate tomorrow--before they award him the crown of Rome.

     Cassius had wanted to also kill Antony, since he is very loyal to Caesar. I had stopped him though, since all Antony is, is not a threat to us. He is all but Caesar's limbs when Caesar's head is severed--he is of no important threat. There is no need to kill others as well as Caesar. I do not think that Antony 'would take thought and die for Caesar'. Trebonius said, "There is no fear in him", which I believe to be true.

     The morning had came upon us, and that is when they took their leave in the same fashion, in which they came to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment