Sunday, May 22, 2011

Two Years Later?

             Ah! How long has it been? Has it been about two years after the death of Caesar? Yes, it has. Currently I am in a military camp near Sardis in Asia Minor. Antony and Octavius is after us: Cassius and myself. Cassius, lately, has been a warm friend cooling to me. I'm not sure if he is truly a friend, or was acting it since he needed me a few years ago. He came back to the camp today, saying that I have done him wrong.
          Before any further, I told him to come into my tent, since I do not want our soldiers to see us arguing. He said that I have publicly disgraced Lucius Pella for taking bribes, when he had requested of me to give him leniency.
        I explained to him, and I also complained to him. We made up. And then we argued some  about if we should or should not go and meet the armies of Antony and Octavius. We have came to the conclusion of going to Philippi and meeting them.
       I told him the news of Portia's and Cicero's deaths. He took Portia's rather strongly, and wouldn't let it go, even when I begged him to let it go and speak no more of it. After a while longer, he left to his tent.
       I had Lucius play his instrument for me, but he had fallen asleep from exhaustion. I let him sleep and began to read when I was visited by an old friend. The ghost of Caesar.

       He had told me that I would see him at Philippi. Ah! How unsettling.

      Another night with little sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment